Together with Jack Warshaw and Graham Tite I carried out the research and prepared the Conservation areas analysis for the Fingal County Council at County Dublin/ Rep. of Ireland. Conservation Architecture & Planning’s (CAP’s) were appointed by FCC to undertake two Architectural Conservation Area (ACA) surveys, with the following objectives:
- inventory of the exteriors of buildings within the listed ACAs including
- a photographic record in a digital format
- an annotated map of the area
- a public information leaflet
- assistance at public consultation meetings if required.
- evaluate the character and special interest of the ACAs
- produce Statement of Character documents.
Following an extensive research we prepared comprehensive documents and sets of maps that were to inform the policy making and conservation processes within the historic town with its outstanding Castle that for centuries belonged to Talbots family.
Client: Fingal County Council
Location: Malahide, Co. Dublin